Hybrid Class Format
Designed for busy working professionals, The Healthcare MBA is offered part-time to accommodate students balancing jobs, families and other commitments.
Our hybrid model (online and in-person) provides students the flexibility to complete an MBA and still work full-time.
- Eighty percent of the classroom interaction is completed through online learning.
- Twenty percent of the classroom interaction is completed in-person.
- In-person classes (Face-to-Face sessions) take place two Fridays and Saturdays per term. Classes are held at Oregon Health & Science University.
The sample model below demonstrates an average 11-week term.
The blue numbered boxes represent your online work during the 11-week term. The green boxes denote the beginning of the term, the two face-to-face weekend sessions in Portland, OR, and the end of the term.
- Plan for an average of 20-25 hours of work per week for this program.
- Online course work will include:
- Reading articles, books, and relevant course materials
- Writing papers and responding to targeted questions (Forum Posts) about readings and current topics
- Watching lectures and relevant course videos.
- Working with classmates on team projects.