Hybrid Class Format
Starting in fall 2021, students will experience innovative updates to our Healthcare MBA. In response to our regional student population's feedback and needs, we've modernized our hybrid format and curriculum to stay at the forefront of healthcare management education.*
Our hybrid model (online and in-person) provides students the flexibility to complete an MBA and still work full-time. Designed for busy working professionals, the program accommodates students balancing jobs, families, and other commitments, while pursuing their business degree.
- 80 percent of the program's interaction is completed through online learning.
- 20 percent of the interaction is completed during our in-person Face-to-Face sessions, which take place twice per academic year.*
Update: The health and safety of our students and faculty is our top priority and based on OHSU, state, federal, and CDC guidelines/recommendations regarding COVID-19, we are currently hosting all Face-to-Face sessions in a virtual classroom environment.
- Plan for an average of 20-25 hours of work per week for this program.
- Online course work will include:
- Reading articles, books, and relevant course materials.
- Writing papers and responding to targeted questions (Forum Posts) about readings and current topics.
- Watching lectures and relevant course videos.
- Working with classmates on team projects.
- Connecting with faculty and peers weekly during synchronous virtual meetings.
*The program and curricular revisions detailed on this page are pending final approval from Oregon Health & Science University and Portland State University governing bodies. Once approved, these programmatic changes will apply to all Healthcare M.B.A. applicants and students starting the program in the fall 2021 cohort and subsequent years. Students who are currently enrolled in the Healthcare M.B.A. will continue to follow the current program structure and degree requirements based on the academic catalog for the year they were admitted and matriculated into the program.
Please contact our team if you have any questions.