The Healthcare MBA
Learning Goal 1-Healthcare Systems
- Describe relevant and specific stakeholders in the healthcare system, articulate their stakes, and illustrate how those stakeholders operate in a mutually influencing system.
- Assess how those stakeholders operate in a mutually influencing system.
- Translate and apply their understanding of the complex healthcare system to address specific healthcare organizational, business, and quality issues faced by stakeholders in the healthcare system.
- Analyze the potential short and long-term implications (intended and unintended) that healthcare policy, finance, and operations decisions have on providing value from multiple stakeholders' (especially patients') points of view.
Learning Goal 2-Analysis & Decision Making
- Craft meaningful and actionable problem statements with strong consideration towards diverse stakeholders.
- Systematically gather and methodically analyze primary and secondary data most relevant to the situation.
- Thoughtfully design and rigorously evaluate potential solutions.
- Evaluate an organizational dilemma through an ethical framework.
Learning Goal 3-Leadership
- Assess your emotions, strengths, weaknesses, drivers, values, and goals and analyze how they affect others.
- Describe complex relationships from multiple perspectives.
- Identify strengths and perspectives of others to build and strengthen relationships.
Learning Goal 4-Communication
- Demonstrate a thorough consideration of context, purpose, and audience in the communication.
- Present a central message that is clear, concise, and insightful.
- Present complex information with relevant justification and analysis.